All buses have bike racks for two bicycles on the front. If the bike is full, please wait for the next bus. Bicycles are not allowed inside buses or vans, except folding bikes.
Conventional, single seat, two wheeled bicycles and electric bikes the size of a standard bicycle will fit on the bike rack. Bicycles with oversized wheels, tandem and internal combustion motor-powered bicycles cannot be accommodated.
To use the Bike Rack for your Bicycle
Passenger is responsible for loading, securing and removing bicycles on the rack. Drivers cannot help with loading or unloading. To use the bike rack,
- Remove items such as bike pumps, bags, helmets, and water bottles
- Tell the driver you want to use the bike rack
- Allow exiting passengers with bicycles to unload first, then load your bike
To Load your Bike:
- Squeeze and pull up on bike rack handle to release folded rack,
- Lower rack until it clicks into place,
- Lift bike onto rack, fitting front wheel into slot labeled "front",
- Pull out and raise support arm over top of front tire, positioning it as high on tire as possible,
- Do not lock bike to rack
To Unload your Bike:
- Exit through the front door and tell the driver that you will be unloading your bike,
- Raise support arm up and off bike's front tire,
- Lift and remove bike from rack,
- If no other bikes are on the rack, fold and secure rack into upright position,
- Move to the curb quickly, always wait until the vehicle pulls away before crossing the street. Never cross in front of the bus
Grays Harbor Transit is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged bicycles or equipment.